Every student must complete a minimum of 40 hours of community involvement activities as part of the requirements for an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD). The purpose of the community involvement requirement is to encourage students to develop awareness and understanding of civic responsibility and of the role they can play and the contributions they can make in supporting and strengthening their community.
- Volunteer Halton – Use the search engine on the Volunteer Halton Website to find community service activities that are right for you! SEARCH NOW!
- Holy Cross HELPS – contact Father Walter or Eileen Anderson at the parish office
- Me to We, Free the Children
- Habitat For Humanity Halton
- Holy Cross Parish – Many Opportunities including Vacation Bible School, contact Barb Boulanger at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Volunteer Mission Trips (contact chaplain for more details)
- United Way of Halton and Hamilton
- Ontario Youth Volunteer Challenge – Change the World!